1. Sensor Development Specialist
Ekidna Sensing is looking to hire a recent graduate through the IRAP Youth Employment Program (https://nrc.canada.ca/en/support-technology-innovation/nrc-irap-funding-hire-young-graduates) for a 6-month contract. You must meet the eligibility criteria for the IRAP program (under 30, Canadian citizenship or permanent resident, not currently working full time in your field).
- A key objective is to test, develop and characterize electrochemical sensor development for various sample types
- Aid in translating these assays into customer facing products
- 6-month, full time contract
- Test, develop and characterize electrochemical sensor development for various sample types
- Design and lead testing for the electrochemical based sensors
- Work as part of small interdisciplinary team in the development and commercialization of a novel sensor device for the cannabis industry
- Perform data analysis and verification studies, prepare summaries
Knowledge/Skills, Education, Experience:
- Minimum BSc/BEng, in a relevant science/engineering discipline
- Experience in wet lab sensor development, electrochemistry, chemistry, electronics is preferred
- Expertise in design of experiments, data interpretation, and statistics an asset
- Knowledge of the Cannabis industry is an asset
- Ottawa, Ontario. This position requires daily presence in lab facilities at the University of Ottawa
If you would like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com asap. This posting is closing July 23rd, 2020.